Merchandise Donation Program Guidelines and Policies
The Columbus Blue Jackets organization recognizes the important role it plays in the community, and is committed to “Sticking with the Community” far beyond the on ice excitement. Its main goal is to establish a reputation of integrity and professionalism through the initiatives sensitive and responsive to the community it represents. Each month the Foundation donates autographed Blue Jackets merchandise to non-profit organizations to assist in their fundraising efforts.
Due to the significant number of requests the Columbus Blue Jackets receive, the following guidelines and criteria have been established to outline how donations will be allotted. These guidelines are in place to assure fairness, professionalism, and to maximize the support the Columbus Blue Jackets organization can provide the greater Columbus community.
- TICKETS: Due to the Personal Seat License agreements and individual game supply, the Blue Jackets can NOT honor the request for ticket donations. Additionally, we are unable to donate tickets to the 2013 NHL All-Star Game at Nationwide Arena.
- MONETARY: All requests for monetary donations are facilitated through the Blue Jackets Foundation. To be eligible for a monetary grant, non-profit organizations must complete a formal application (Click here for more information on our Grant Application process). All requests are reviewed annually by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- MERCHANDISE: All non-monetary donations distributed to non-profit organizations are Blue Jackets merchandise. Any other special requests must be approved by Vice President of Community Relations and Executive Director of the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation, Jen Bowden.
How to request:
No email or phone requests will be accepted.
All requests must be submitted in writing on the organization’s letterhead (mail or fax) to:
Columbus Blue Jackets
200 W. Nationwide Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43215
All requests submitted must include the following information:
Organization’s Name, Address, Phone Number, Fax Number and Email Address
Organization’s IRS 501 (c)3 number
Contact Person’s Name
Title and date of Event
Type of fundraiser (i.e. silent/live auction, reverse raffle, Chinese auction, etc…)
**ALL DONATIONS MUST BE USED TO RAISE MONEY (not as door prizes, giveaways, etc…)
- Due to the number of requests received, the Blue Jackets do not accept calls regarding the status of a particular request.
- All requests must be received by the Blue Jackets at least 6 weeks prior to the event being considered.
- Once your request has been reviewed, you will receive notification as to whether or not your request has been approved.
- The majority of donations will be granted to organizations and events hosted in the greater Columbus area. We are not able to fulfill requests for events or organizations outside the state of Ohio.
- In order to assure fairness amongst the general population, the Blue Jackets Community Development Department typically does not make contributions to individuals, religious, ethnic, political, or labor groups.
- The Blue Jackets do not donate to companies holding organizational campaign (i.e. United Way, Pelotonia, Harvest for Hunger, American Cancer Society, Operation Feed, etc…) as the Foundation donates directly to these organizations.
- The Blue Jackets are unable to fulfill requests seeking financial support for the purpose of debt retirement
- The Blue Jackets limit any organization to a maximum of 1 donation per calendar year.
- Donations are typically sent 2 - 3 weeks prior to the fundraising event.
- All organizations receiving a donation must return a donation response form (will be enclosed with donation) in order to be considered for a future donation.